- Fix "Minimum time between triggering compromised password alerts on login" operating in seconds instead of hours
- Fix cases where email 2fa would not be forced enabled on the first login request after a password is discovered as compromised
- Rename various options to be better searchable
- Adjust various option defaults to be more robust.
- 'Minimum password length' from 8 => 10 characters
- 'Minimum password strength' from 'very weak' to 'weak'
- 'Pwned password minimum count (soft)' from 1 to 0
- 'Pwned password minimum count (hard)' from 2 to 1
- 'Pwned password cache time' from 7 to 3 days
- Require XenForo 2.2+, drop XF2.1 support
- Actually implement cron to prune the pwned password hash cache. Old entries where already being ignored, so this will hopefully just reduce MySQL table bloat
- Fix denial of service attack by preventing too long password which can trigger factorial number of brute force password checks when using Zxcvbn
- Update new install option defaults to more recommend values:
- Enforce password complexity for admins
- Enable "Length check by default, and set the "Minimum length" to 8
- Enable "Pwned password password validation" by default
- Fix edge case where 32bit php would incorrectly report a very strong password was weak due to bad float to integer truncation.
- Recommend ext-gmp (aka php-gmp) for optimized binomial calculations, which requires php 7.3+
Thanks to @NamePros for sponsoring this update.
- Update compromised password alert text to be less awkward
- On updating passwords, remove any compromised password alerts to avoid user confusion
- Add "Force email two factor authentication on compromised password" option (default disabled)
- Add "Pwned password minimum count (soft)" option.
This allows a user to change a password to a known compromised value which is under a given number of known hits. This still generates compromised password alerts
- Force global namespace for functions which are known to be optimizable to bytecode in php, or known global functions to avoid a current namespace lookup for the function.
- Add "On login; alert the user if they have a known compromised password" option (default enabled)
- Add "Minimum time between triggering compromised password alerts on login" option (default 24 hours)
We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.